Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Religion and women

I wonder why why women respect religion when every religion discriminates against them in one way or the other? I went off on a rant about Islam, as I am annoyed at the number of posts from Islamic friends seeking to garner sympathy for the Palestinians of Gaza. It annoyed a friend of mine who lives in the Middle East, who responded in a pro-Palestinian manner, and my cousin joined in on my side. In between however, I expressed my contempt for religion as a whole , and both the women went off on this "you must respect all religions" line which got me thinking. Both are strong and intelligent women, but appear to be unable or unwilling to demand the respect they deserve from religion.
Is it conditioning? They are both rebels in a way! Not that!, so what is it? I have written about religion and women before so if you are looking to find out how religion exploits women, you can refer to that post.

No comments: